Thinking On Your Feet
Table Topics is a long-standing Toastmasters tradition intended to help members develop their ability to organize their thoughts quickly and respond to an impromptu question or topic.
|Speakeasy Toastmasters; Margaret O'Regan, |
Marie & Gerard Lynes at
Fáilte Toastmasters 20th Anniversary Dinner Dance.
Here is a sample of our Table Topics from the last meeting provided by our Topics Master. Tom O'Connor won best Table Topics Ribbon at the last meeting. How would you have answered these?
- What is the number one motivator in your life right now?
- Discuss this quote from Hilary Clinton, “When women get ahead, a country gets ahead.”
- How would you suggest dealing with the Kerry football team, in our next match?
- “Take the stones that people throw at you, and build a monument.”
- The world’s first computer was discovered in Greece, two and a half years ago. Were the ancients more advanced than we realised?”
- The European Union is encouraging its citizens to learn two languages, other than your own. Which two languages would you like to learn and why?
- “Asking the right questions is more important than seeking the right answers.” What do you think?
- Does the relationship between mother in-law and daughter in-law always present a challenge?
- Dating, dating, dating. If at first you don’t succeed, is this a sign that you should give up?
We would be delighted to see you at our next meeting, which is on Thursday 14th May at 8pm, at the Hibernian Hotel, Mallow. For more information go to www.speakeasytoastmasters.com