Sunday, January 18, 2015

Tarzan Seeks Speakeasy

Tarzan Seeks Speakeasy
On New Year’s Day 2014,
I made a Resolution.
I came up with the solution.
Tarzan's ripped abs would be
This year's personal evolution.

The saddle sores and gym doors.
The health bores and high scores.
Sweat pumped from my pores,
All accompanied by the coaches roars.
As towards my goal I swore.

Now in 2015 I'm a hot, humble stud,
But it’s not much good.
When the ladies approach I say, "ah" instead of, "ya"
To The boss I say, "em" 
Instead of, "certainly not them."

To compliment my godlike physique, I need a speaking style that is unique. 
That showcases the peak
Of my personality and skills,
Providing plenty of thrills!

I need to join Speakeasy,
Where public speaking looks 
Nice and easy. 
Where the lines are never cheesy.
The speeches are brilliantly breezy.

I'm going to be a wizard with words.
I'm going to cross swords
With the best speaker they have.
And it won't even be a disaster
Because I'll be a Toast Master.
                      Rona Coghlan.
Marlene & Denis O'Mahony at Speakeasy Toastmasters


Ladies and Gentlemen, research has shown that the happier you are, the more likely you are to succeed in your goals. The Toastmasters meeting tonight, Thursday, is going to be a very lively, interesting evening, with plenty of laughter and fun to cheer you up and spur you on towards whatever your January goal is!  
The Hibernian Hotel, Mallow on 22nd January at 8.00pm.Further information visit our website at www.speakeasytoastmasters.com  or by contact Liam 087 6380053 or Marie 087-9746947

No comments: